View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
nymets86

So I texted my brother this morning and just said that my allergies were still real bad and that "alcohol and allergy meds are a bad combo, so not ideal for the bachelor party." (My allergies aren't really bothering me anymore)

I didn't have the guts to tell him I'm trying to quit for good, but really wanted to try to set the stage for this weekend when I do not want to drink since I'll be out of town without an exit strategy other than just going back to my hotel room, which is being shared with others.

He replied with: Worry about having fun, whether that includes boozing or not shouldn't make a difference.

So, right now, I'm feeling a HUGE sense of relief. My brother isn't a big drinker (I've seen him wasted maybe twice in his life), but I know at least two of his friends are. I certainly don't know them well enough to know if they have a problem with booze, but I just know that they're big drinkers. I think having put it out there already with my brother that I'm not drinking will now make it a lot easier on me.

I was dreading going, but now feeing quite a bit better. My plan is to go to the dinners and then maybe go for one or two club sodas at the bars after dinner, then back to the hotel.

For the day drinking at the beach, I'm planning to do sightseeing and arrive very late (maybe 3PM) and watch the third period of the Rangers game at the beach bar. I figure by then, they'll all have had enough booze to not even notice I'm not drinking.