View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

Originally Posted by TheCrimsonKing View Post
"I'll handle it" is the answer to all the what if questions that you can attach to all your worries. What if they take the roof from my head? I'll handle it. What if I'm sent down? I'll handle it. What if I lose my job? I'll handle it. What if I lose this relationship? I'll handle it. What if she is pregnant? I'll handle it. What if I have cancer? I'll handle it.

By the way, how did you get a broad pregnant that lives in another country? You tried to be a friend to her? Therein lies the error....it's better to be a man who puts his needs first. Be selfish. Ironically it attracts women more and unburdens them....
Well you are not wrong. Unfortunately for me handling it meant to drink. Otherwise I would just be sitting on the side of the road wondering why these things keep happening to me.

It raises questions for me that are a compete tangent from anything related to my recovery (from clinical depression initially) i.e. why they would persist in taking the roof from over my head when I was minding my own business and trying to work through some issues.

They won anyway. I was forced out of the area I'm from because there was no work and I clearly couldn't claim that rent supplement and live in peace like everyone else I know, I guess that's handling it somewhat to just give up.

So I lost the roof over my head. Get sent down for what, smoking weed? Not that I agree with it but I was aware it's a possibility and doesn't matter now. Lost my job. Lost all relationships. etc

You seem to be advocating a kind of badass attitude to life I think. Fair enough, but I would need to drink for that act. You are the blood king after all, but that's not me man.

To answer your question: she needed a place to stay, we went on a few dates and she decided to get pregnant 'to teach me a lesson', whatever that means. It wasn't a lesson in how to be happy unfortunately.

She's married and lives in a another country for one thing. She still sends me pictures of her and her family online and I don't know what to think or say (to myself even).

Cant say I handled that well at the time. I was almost recovered from a mental breakdown (and the breakdown of my own long term relationship, which was supposed to be my future) and it brought a whole lot of new drama and stress into my life.

We couldn't get anywhere on the same page anyway. She didn't want to move back here, or didn't want me moving there. Constant telephone and email arguments 24/7, I was the pragmatic one. Her husband on my case also.

I was planning on going back to college to get my life back together and make a future for myself but it never happened. That was me trying to put my needs first for once. But, I drank for the stress of it anyway. (my bad)