View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Bobcat17

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
Sorry for the novel, but I just felt like I had an epiphany today. Not drinking at happy hour was a real victory for me, one I'll be putting in my 2015 accomplishments jar
Way to go Kafka in following your plan. I read your other thread also and you SHOULD be proud that your were able to follow through and not drink during the happy hour. That will increase your strength and resiliency the next time a drinking situation comes up.

I had a good Mother's Day visit with the folks. Yes, there was some stress as Mom isn't doing well and Dad insists on having total control of everything and doesn't much listen to suggestions of help. My sister cooked dinner just to help out, and while it was good, Dad was still stressing because he wasn't doing it himself. Oh well, just family drama stuff. Life goes on....you just have to deal with people as they are.

Today was Day 74 and I'm still trucking. My biggest temptation may be next week as I will be camping in the mountains with some friends and there was nothing I enjoyed more than having a few beers around the campfire. The people I am going with don't drink much, so that might help.