View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
Hey Robby,

Hate to sound like im moaning all the time when some people have real problems. I like AA and have gone every day so far. I think more what I was saying is that I need to just treat it as a meeting of alkies having a chat.....i dont think the steps are for me.
Hey MM,

No worries from me. I did do the steps, but I'm not saying you should do them too. I meant you to see I agree more then you might think that talking with other alkies is the real deal. The steps don't have to be for you, and you can still make good use of AA. Not everybody will agree with that, and so what, yeah? I guess I was saying don't be deflated when some say you're a slip waiting to happen. And now for sure you know I'm not one those saying any such thing. Glad we cleared that up

BTW, I've got over 33 years of success in AA, and most hardliners in AA don't like it much that I say not everybody has to do the steps and whatever. I say take what works, and leave what doesn't my friend. With my kind of success, they don't have much room to argue with me, you know?