Old 05-12-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
LBrain

I agree with you GT. However, in the early days of my life sans alcohol, there were times I needed to take action in order to fulfill my 'big plan'. Whether that meant removing myself from a situation/temptation or whatever, there was still some sort of effort required at times.
Just as having alcohol three inches from my eyes or being able to taste it, there must be some action to prevent/undo that situation. If I start to drink something and realize there is alcohol in it I have a choice to stop and put it down or to continue to drink it. Stopping and putting it down is taking action. We can analyze and break this down to the molecular level if we want. The bottom line is that abstaining from alcohol does require action on our part no matter how insignificant it may seem. I'm sure there are those who do not have the need for action as they are never faced with a situation where a choice must be made.
In the grand scheme of things however, I do agree with you that doing nothing is enough.