Old 05-12-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
It can be really hard to change thought patterns and it takes some time and practice. This is a great video
You think you can ride this bike, but you really can't - Thrill On
That is a really great video. I've compared Recognition of the Addictive Voice as somewhat related to Learning to Drive on the Other Side of the Road. What used to be right is now wrong. But that's just dealing with thoughts. The Big Plan is what changed the action to inaction, and AVRT just made THAT a lot easier.

The video reminded me of something I always wanted to do at a party someday when an inebriated person might pester me to take a drink. (It hasn't happened in the decades since I quit). It was going to go like this.
Other - "Here, I even had the host fix it for you. You said Chevas heavy on the rocks was what you used to drink."
Me - Wellll? I've said over and over I don't want it, though.
Other - Come on. Here. I know you'll like it.
Me - Ok, but I'm sure it's not going to work. Help me a bit here. Let me put my arm on your shoulder just in case.
Other - What? Oh, Ok.
Me - Here goes.
And I bring the tinkling glass up to my mouth and then at the last second I move it over a little and pour a bit down my cheek and the rest over onto the other's clothing.
Me - Ohhhh, sh*t!! See, I told you it wasn't going to work.