Old 05-12-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
LBrain

I had to interrupt my reading of this thread to post something I think may be relevant. Or it may not be. Yeah, I just quit drinking before I ever heard of what a "Big Plan" was. I quit drinking before I discovered this website.

But why, since my "Big Plan" was to never drink again no matter what, do I still frequent this site? Because making a plan and carrying out the plan are two different things in my belief.

On September 12, 1962, a "Big Plan" was made. I equate the "Big Plan" to a decision. One thing I noticed when watching this condensed clip of Kennedy's speech was the people in the background wiping the sweat and exhibiting discomfort while sitting in the Texas heat that day. The man giving the speech, the man whom it would seem to be most affected by the heat, was as cool as a cucumber. He was declaring his "Big Plan" and was confident it would be carried out. But just because he said it, didn't mean it was a given. It took a lot of hard work and dedication for this plan to come to fruition.
That is why I still show up on this site almost every day since I made my "Big Plan". Saying it and living it (proving it) are two different things in my mind. When I said it, I meant it. And I was not concerned about failure. I was as cool as a cucumber when I declared it. But if I were to just assume that by saying something and doing nothing else... The old cliche', actions speak louder than words.
And what others have mentioned too