View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
nymets86

Ready, good job beating that craving. I've found for me that cravings definitely bit late afternoon/early evening. I know if I can make it until 8 or so, then I can just tell myself it's too late to start drinking since if I start then, I'll be way hungover the next morning. So that 5-8 period is the hardest.

Anyway, I'm now just a few days away from my brother's bachelor party. I've already told him that I won't be joining him and his friends at the beach on Saturday, but would be touring some historical sites and then meeting up for dinner. He obviously said that was completely fine.

The thing I'm most nervous about right now is the fact that I've now been through situations with my brother and my friends where I've been around booze and I haven't felt much peer pressure. A simple "I'm not drinking tonight" or "my allergies are killing me," works totally fine and nobody offers me anything. However, I don't know my brother's friends all that well and my concern is that they might apply more peer pressure. I'm not sure why that would be the case, and likely it won't happen. But my mind keeps thinking it's going to be non-stop pressure to drink from my brother's friends and it's making me very nervous.

My exit strategy is ultimately to go back to my hotel room. I am planning to say that my allergy meds and weight loss plans are keeping me from drinking and all in all, I think I'll be OK. But I can't lie that I'm very nervous about the whole weekend and really wish it were happening at a later time when I'm more comfortable with my sobriety.