View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
QuietToday

I think this is extremely true--- but I have no idea what to do about it :P

When I went four months sober, I also, in the last month, quit cigarettes as well--- I became an absolute nut over lifting weights and jogging. I really couldn't stop though, because if I wasn't exercising during the day then I had seriously powerful cravings for booze/cigs that genuinely paralyzed me; couldn't read, be creative, or do much of anything at all besides exercise.
Oddly, the nights became easier (which, typically, they're the hardest for me). I guess because I worked out and thought I looked all good and what-not I just wanted to spend my nights out at the boardwalk or walking around strutting my stuff haha.
So there was a reversal of the addictive time-slot, but I still maintained a very addictive personality. I feel that I literally had to adopt that personality though, because it was the only way I was able to keep away from cigarettes and booze at the time. Maybe there was a way to combat this--- but I was struggling so much with just staying sober that I didn't bother to really scrutinize and reconstruct my sober life.

This time around I'll be more vigilant about this effect!