Thread: Suboxone Hell
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Tryingtoheal87

Hi there SubsSuck! I have been on Suboxone before but it was to get over withdrawal from Pain medication my doctor had me on for a long time and than just tried to cold turkey them. You are correct about the "Not being a narcotic" being horse dung. It is a narcotic and will show up as so on a drug test as such. This is a very strong medication and not one to be taken lightly. I remember my suboxone doctor said eventually I would be tapered off but I just got off it all together on my own. Now mind you, I only used it for a very short time to get over withdrawal effects and I was good to go but I definitely understand what you are talking about. I also only used like a half a strip to a whole strip a day. You might find more luck on this subject in the NA section instead of AA though (Just a suggestion)! It has been since 2010 since I used Suboxone so I am not the best one for advice! I would suggest maybe going to a program that actually uses Suboxone as treatment and see how they would taper you off of it. I wouldn't suggest switching to the alternative method which is Methadone because it seems that one is even more like a narcotic (Feeling/High wise) and you will be back in the same boat with having to taper off. I am sorry to hear about your migraines! Have you been to a doctor to see what the cause of that is or get you on a medication that is not a narcotic? I wish you the best of luck! Keep me posted