View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
greens

I got sober at 23 and this was a huge issue for me! ! Friends would say they supported me and then tried to get me to have "just one drink". And then all those fun sober activities that they agreed to do with me turned into "why can't we just watch a movie instead, I dont want to go hiking."
my therapist got me to join a meet.up group for hikers in my area, now I didn't have an excuse taht it was my friends holding me back. (Lol, but my new excuse was " going to a hiking group means meeting new people and that is terrifying )
anyway, it is really hard at first, yiu have every right to stay home, go see a movie instead , whatever you need to do, but over time it does get easier to say no. And I was surprised that once I removed myself from the bar scene, I met all theSe people taht barely drank, and could basically care less, they Are out there. My therapist told me taht the majority of alcohol is bought by only 10 to 15 percent of the population , which means the other 90 to 85 percent are just normal drinkers.