Thread: last chance
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

It always helps me to recall what tends to happen after the first few drinks. What is the likelihood that things will turn out all peachy? Not likely The way I had to shift perspective on romantic thoughts of days past sipping my wine at X bar, or X beach, or X situation or X idyllic locations was to think of a timeline of the events likely to happen - what's probably going to happen is I'll sip a little on the first glass, take some big gulps eager to pour the second, and past the second drink I'm off to drunk land. How much time will that take? For me, less than an hour. Then it's all down to the blackout and pass-out stage. But not before the idiot stage where it's probable I'll say or do something I know I'll regret.

Is it worth on hour of a slight buzz? Do you still get a buzz? I barely got a buzz before I'd start slurring, eyes glazed over, looking drunk and claiming not to be. It was very unattractive for all those around me.

Do you want to sit, eyes glazed, over starting at a tv screen, drunk, at your holiday resort? Or would you rather be fresh, sober, energetic and exploring the locale so that you'll have some actual good memories years later?