Thread: last chance
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
MarathonMan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I didn't say it wasn't robust MM - I said If you fear there's any danger of you relapsing maybe it needs to be more robust.

I'm not doubting your effort or commitment, but I know myself there's always something more you can do tho - even if it's just working out why there's an itch there.

If you can name it, you'll have a pretty good handle on how to deal with it

D
Hey Dee, I know what you meant my reply sounded a bit off when i re-read it but it wasn't meant like that. More what I meant is I'm doing every single thing I can think of and can't think of anything else I could do and if I could think of something not sure I'd have the time or the energy.

I know the reason for the itch, looking throug rose tinted glasses at the relationship I would have loved with alcohol and the relationship I still wish I could have with it. The Sun and holiday and the beach are just the embodiment of that contented happy relationship I would have liked. If my itch has got a name it's the "I wish it could be different" itch. That's why in my first post I mentioned that I know I'm romanticizing but don't know how to turn my thoughts around.