Thread: Wedding Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
nymets86

Thanks for sharing Matt. The first wedding I have coming up will have nobody there that I've seen this year and feel like I will just use the white lie of "I haven't drank in 9 months" if I get a lot of peer pressure or that good natured ribbing people will give when you turn down a free drink.

I wish I had the weight loss to go along with it, but I don't. Nonetheless, most of the people at the first wedding I have are people that I haven't seen in a very long time, so I can talk about how well I'm doing in my graduate studies and how much I love my job. I still have positive things to share.

Dancing still freaks me out as I don't think I've danced sober ever, but yeah, nobody is going to make fun of me. And similarly, being the sober one, people definitely will NOT be making fun of me or saying how annoying I was the next day.

Again, thanks for sharing. This post has really helped me out since the anxiety I have over back-to-back weddings is really eating at me. I'm currently just on Day 19, but my one slip up was mid-week, so I have now 12-consecutive sober weekends, and overall 81 sober days in the last 82 days.

I know that I need to go to these weddings with the mindset that they will be fun and that they won't involve alcohol and NOT that they'll be miserable because I won't be drinking, or they will only be fun if I drink.