View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that truly only other mothers understand.
Women are talented and like all talented people, we appear to do what we do effortlessly. Well, some of us. I often times sprint to my local coffee shop in my sweats, which double as pajamas, pillow marks on my face and without having brushed my teeth. Just crossing my fingers that I do not run into anyone I know. Seriously, it takes a lot to be at home. I agree with Ruby. Other Mothers know this.

That other cliché, "if you want something done right you have to do it yourself" has often held true for me for these holidays. This is why I bought my first little Mother's Day present 3 weeks ago.

Recognition and generally feeling appreciated is really important. Maybe a "Mother's Day - Redo Day" could be announced? Or a "I'm Sleeping in Today in Honor of Me Day." My SO really does need me to clue him in on what is important to me at the time. When my kids are old enough, I will explain the importance of recognizing someone's effort and hard work - mine, specifically.

You did not drink! Nice job taking care of yourself. All of us here know how hard you are working. Keep it up. You are so important. So valuable.