Old 05-10-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
newpage119

Another really cool quote from Hip Sobriety.

It's an "incurable disease." The need for alcohol is caused by alcohol. Pure and simple. You were not addicted before you imbibed, the same as you were not addicted to cigarettes before you smoked. Because it's ******* impossible to be addicted to something that you don't ingest. Further, it has been shown time and again that people not only move out of addiction to the substance, able to ditch it entirely, but go on to not want it at all. People like me. I'm not one drink away from alcoholism or addiction. I'm beyond the need to intoxicate to get through life or have fun at a party. Not because it has to be this way. Because I prefer it this way. Because I LIKE life without a crutch. Because I LIKE not having hangovers or forgetting parts of the night before or living in a fear state. Because I LIKE not having to think about alcohol. We think that "cured" means we can drink again without going overboard or our life going to ****, we think "cured" means being able to imbibe like the "normal drinkers". No. Bull. Cured is never HAVING to drink again. Cured is enjoying life every bit as much if not more without the need to rely on alcohol or reach for a glass of wine to unwind a day or enjoy an event. Cured is the ability to remain present and ride the ups and downs without having to numb or escape out of them. Cured is being free altogether.