Thread: 6 weeks sober!!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gigi32158

6 weeks sober!!

Hi all!! I am 57 years old and new to this sight. I celebrated 6 weeks sobriety yesterday and have to give this site a lot of credit for helping me through this. I have come to realize that I have been addicted to alcohol for several years now and have accepted the fact that I am powerless when it comes to drinking wine. I thought I had control over it but with several attempts to quit with no success in the last year I now know that it has control over me. This is the first time I have admitted that to anyone!! I found this sight over a year ago with my first attempt and it is really what got me motivated and come to the realization that I might have a problem. I would quit for a few days then reward myself but my last hangover was the worst one I have ever had in my drinking career. It really scared me and I vowed to myself that this is it!!! NO MORE!!! I guess I am what you call a functional alcoholic. My life and social activities were centered around a bottle of wine. I felt my health was deteriorating and my marriage was suffering. I was plain old tired of feeling like crap all the time!!! I knew that life was passing me by in a drunken fog. Anyways, I thought it was time i let everyone know on SR that I am extremely thankful for this sight and look forward to sharing more stories!!