Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BecomingSober

Checking in

On April 6, I visited the ER with BP of 211/98. What a scare. I was on the 3rd day. I thought I was immune to withdrawal after numerous times of "quiting" with very little withdrawal. Have been alcohol free since then except for one slip up. On April 29 I bought two high octane 24 oz. beers. Drank one and a little of the second one and was stumbling drunk. I drank the rest of the second one some time in the middle of the night. Felt very sick the next day. Then started with the withdrawal symptoms again. Not as bad, but I was terrified of another ER visit with in a month. The doctors and nurses said they didn't want to see me again! Been alcohol free since then. But I have these episodes of not feeling well-kind of an internal shakiness and sick feeling. Parts of the day I feel fine. If I could go through withdrawal on the equivalent of 4 beers I had better not drink again. I think I am now "scared straight". But I don't feel so great. Funny, but I thought I felt better drinking. But I am going to ride this out! Looking at improving diet and exercise and back to the Dr. for some blood tests. 25 days alcohol free in April. May-31 days alcohol free-YES! I can do it