Thread: It begins
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
laska23

Thank you so much to everyone who replied.
I read the responses today on my phone during a quick break at work and it gave me so much strength.
Didn't sleep much last night but a lot of that was probably down to nerves, of course I had just entered the first proper deep sleep I have had in years when the alarm clock started buzzing at 6am this morning. Typical.
Anyway was a long (14 hour) shift in a stressful job but it was easier today than usual due to a WEEKS sobriety. Several people even commented on how healthy and fresh I looked.
yes I was tired and yes I felt quite emotional at times (that rollercoaster) but I made it and more importantly I made it past the off-licence on the way home.
Now I am sat here with a cup of herbal cup of tea and an enormous sense of achievement - though understand that I must never get complacent and will keep up the fight daily.
For anyone reading this about to embark on their first week then please (after getting medical advice if needed) just do it - words can not describe how good I feel right now, how excited for the future I am and how grateful I feel for this wonderful community.

One week sober - and only just beginning.