View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
secretary

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
Spirit, I hope you're able to work some magic! I know how discouraging it is when something you're so excited about falls through and more to that same point, how much of a reward that trip can be to you after working so hard to stay sober. No matter what we are here for you!

I'm really struggling today. I couldn't wait to post about how proud I was for hitting 60 days yesterday but I didn't have the energy to even post and felt depressed all day yesterday for some reason. Then today, I was feeling pretty down too and I'm now sitting on the train watching everyone relax with glasses of wine and beer. I can't help but feel like a failure - I haven't given in, I'm here posting and not drinking but I feel like after 61 days I shouldn't be on the verge of a breakdown just because it's been a long day (more like long week) and I can't take the edge off with a drink. I won't drink, I swear I won't but I still feel like a failure. :/
Congrats on 61 days, that is a HUGE accomplishment!! But I certainly know what you mean about the depression. It has been a long week and I hope you have a great weekend! You are doing great!