View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
ReadyOrNot123

Torn, I like your posts, they give a nice picture of where you are, and as I was reading I thought "wow, if I was going through all this I definitely would be struggling with wanting to drink". And it sounds like you did, but have a good handle on putting it into perspective, and you are still sober, so keep it up. The bonus is the good health - it's always good to get good news and know that your work is paying off.

60, 80 days is so good. As far as I'm concerned, this stretch of sobriety is tough - yes it's getting more habitual to be non-drinking, but drinking is still the first line of coping defense thinking. Not sure if I'm explaining myself well. Years ago I quit for 6 years, and I never thought of drinking, ever. I look forward to that again, but it's not here yet.

Mets, hope you are having fun at your parents.

Nothing much on the docket today, I have a couple of things on my to-do list, but otherwise have no plans. I elected not to go visit my mom for mother's day - when she had all her faculties she never really cared for it, thought it was a manufactured holiday - so I sent a card and will see her in a couple of weeks at my niece's graduation.

I have a brief thought that I should head to the liquor store once the work day was over, then immediately remembered that was how my last binge started. No thanks.

Have a good day all.