View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
I found that not trying to control everything was actually the answer to making my life easier. The stress was gone, the scenario building was gone, the fretting about this and that was gone, the worry was gone and if things did not work out the way I had hoped the sky did not fall and the oceans did not dry up. It happened the way it was supposed to happen with no interference from me.

The hard part after all that was accepting it. When I stopped trying to prove that I had the power, I found the power to control me and only me.
But today, I can take a breath, know I am not in control, I am trying to take that control back and let it go again.

Progress, not perfection. I don’t think will ever be so serene that things in life won’t ever bother me but I will get better at letting it get me angry or upset and I will let it go faster. I am already better at it than I was two years ago so I think that is progress.
Gah - the mindfulness and 'being in the moment' that I've lost to 'scenario building' while trying to control situations in the past. And energy spent generating anxiety or anger over things that never happened in the end.

Goodness me - I wish I could have double or treble liked / thanked this post!!