View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
tazzle

hey Gonzo! love watching the little kiddos play baseball, football at that age. It is so hilarious, and they are so serious! My stepson has the distinct honor of striking out in T-Ball, of which I take great joy in reminding him

May is a crazy month for me, lots of camping with friends working with my SAR team. Something every weekend it seems. Good Times!

Checked my blood pressure yesterday, as we all know the alcohol really messes with that, and at one point I was way high 220 over 110 or something along that line. Was put on meds on the very rare dr visit for a UTI. anyway yesterday it was 136/86 and I haven't taken meds in a long time, I haven't seen those numbers in forever. So between no wine and going to the gym, (haven't lost weight though, that may be to not changing the eating habits much) those important numbers are down.

Work is going well, the powers that be decided that after 7 months I need to have an FTO again, as there was no one to write the eval on me that is required at 6 months, so,, we had two, go to FTO training and I was assigned one of them, and so she wanted me to keep a log/journal on how I dealt with the inmates or different situations,, aaaargh! all that should have been done 6 mths ago. Anyway I suck at that, I never was a journal keeper of any sort. And writing my "feelings" down is darn right impossible I just stare at the blank paper and stress out Plus the fact that I think this whole FTO thing right now is a waste of time, where was it when I needed it? And she only lasted 2 weeks, than she went on a different shift, so now I get another FTO flavor of the week, who will last how long this time??,, again I say, what is the point? The point is they need to cover their "assets" and in my situation I feel it is like closing the barn door after the horse has already ran out, to little to late. But I have to grin and deal with it, my year probation is up in 5 mths and I can survive that long. I do like what I do, and want to be good at it, so I need to suck it up and do what needs to be done,,, sigh.

So, what fun things are all my Decemberites doing in the month of May? Here is a challenge, what is your favorite summer memory? I have lots of great memories camping with my Grammee and Gramp, tough to pick just one. He taught me how to row a boat and fly fish, that he was the most terrifying car driver ever, driving forward while looking backward over his shoulder on a mountain road, at some creature or shiny thing he saw along the road, oh gosh good times! Gramee was also a "finder" of things, but that, my friends, is another story