View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Berrybean

I have a tendency to get frustrated with others and unfairness in my daily life and can easily find myself building resentments on these, so I use an adaptation of Mother Teresa's "Do It Anyway" every morning which tends to get me in a good strong frame of mind ...

God, help me to accept that people may be unreasonable and self-centred. Let me forgive them anyway.
Help me to accept that if I am kind, people may accuse me of ulterior motives. And let me be kind anyway.
Help me to accept that if I find happiness, people may be jealous. And let me be happy anyway.
Help me accept that the good I do today may be forgotten tomorrow. And let me do good anyway.
Help me to accept that I may give the world my best, and it may never be good enough. And let me give my best anyway.
God. Help me to remember that it is between you and me. And it was never between me and them anyway.

I also say some of the steps prayers, and ask God to direct my thinking, and divorce it from self-pity, dishonesty and self-seeking motives. (Often the resentment prayer features quite strongly as well if I know that I'm going to be working with someone who I've had resentments about in the past )