View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

The factors that are mostly weighing down on people, especially those of us in this early stage, are those of HALT. I have to add to this and include arrogance. This is something I really need to guard against. It is one thing to be quietly confident, but totally another thing to think - Hey, look at me, I have got this thing beaten.

I have written about this before. We can almost see it in a post when someone is about to relapse. I went back and read yesterday mornings post and those leading up to it - yes you guessed it. Arrogance. Close call. Not only the arrogance of "having it under control" but the self pity to drink my emotional problems away. I have to be very wary now. If I am not, the burden can become too much and topple the scales. I cannot hide from things anymore. I now have to deal with them as they arise. I must face them full on in the knowledge that if I don't - the accumulated effect will be too much to handle.
Getting caught up!
Yesterday I was so down and depressed. After I posted a whoa is me story, HALT came to mind. And indeed, I was Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired. All of the above. I ate, watched an episode of Ellen (gosh she is so goofy and funny), helped my son with his homework, and went to bed early. It worked, I feel so much better today. I just have to remember to eat.

Don't worry, you are not alone...
How are you dealing with your emotions Zab. I wonder if it's a good idea to just ignore them? One of these days, you will have to be the bigger person and set things straight.

Speaking of straight, your house sounds lovely! I would keep both fireplaces in my master during the winter months. It gets pretty darn cold in Canada, lol!