View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
noexcuse

I'm soooooo tired today. My son is off of school and my daughter only has a half-day, and it would have been so easy to just stay home with them instead of coming in to work. But I had made arrangements with my dad to come over and he's installing a backsplash in my kitchen, so it's going to be a good trade-off when I go home to what will look like a totally different house. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I was getting everything ready for him last night, clearing the counters and wiping down the walls, and the only thing I left out was the coffee maker. Well, I went to add water to it this morning, and as I was putting the reservoir back on, I realized there was an empty pint bottle hidden behind the coffee maker. It was my husband's from his last drunk back in March (obviously I need to clean the counters more often). I'm glad I found it instead of my dad, but it repulsed me that we may have these bottles laying around and not even know where they are. I, for one, hid bottles in cabinets, drawers, under sinks, in pockets, in the couch, in my car, in the garage, and probably other places that I don't even recall. I'm sure I'm bound to come across a lost one sooner or later. I just pray that when that happens, it's already empty or I'm able to run and dump quickly. I haven't had any cravings, really, but I don't know how I would react if it was right there in my hand. Hopefully I won't have to find out.

Day 11.