View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
herewegoagain

Red face

I saw myself in nearly every one of the 13 characteristics. Like another poster commented, I thought "who the heck has been following me around all my life ?" LOL I've also struggled with severe depression/PTSD nearly all my life. Both of my parents are alcoholics, and my mother is a prescription drug addict, and she was extremely abusive. She continues to be abusive to anyone within reach of just a phone call, but I've chosen to separate myself from her and her insanity (for lack of a better word). Even though it was the best thing for me, it was also the hardest, but a choice I don't regret to this day. I could go on and on, listing trauma after trauma, but there's no point to that right now. I went to Alateen for a couple of years as a teenager, was in therapy/on antidepressants for a few years. I'm doing pretty well now...though I did somehow manage to marry a binge drinker (imagine my surprise at THAT one !) Despite that fact, my marriage is reasonably happy and calm, and we have a beautiful, happy, 19 month old son. I do definitely still have issues though, and it's nice to come back to ACOA/Al-Anon....seems I need a little adjustment in my thought processes......