View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HealthFirst

Just celebrated completion of Year #1 !

Hey all,

I hope all of you are staying sober, healthy, and happy. I quit drinking one year ago after I came here asked for help. I didn't know how to tell my wife, or if she would support it.

This past year has been amazing. I've been approached by so many friends who have expressed their desire to follow my footsteps into sobriety. One has made the commitment so far (albeit only a temporary one to see how he feels). Anyway, things are changing over here. I am a better husband, father, and employer. I am working growing my company instead of drinking until I'm comfortable. I am a better husband with 90% less fights with my wife because I don't feel guilty about my actions after I drink and as a result, don't take it out on her. I'm a better father because I can wake up in the middle of the night without being drunk or hungover to take care of my kids. I can wake up fresh in the morning and offer to cook them breakfast. I can keep going... but you guys get the point. Life without alcohol is another life. And it's 100% for the better.

My wife got me a gift basket yesterday that she made to celebrate my one year. It had a bunch of ginger beer and root beer bottles, a couple of glasses, nuts, and an incredibly inspiring card about how she strives to be a better person because she sees me making these huge decisions to be a better person.

I wish you all the best in your sobriety. It's not a painless journey because life isn't painless. But it is much better than going through life drinking , regretting, and not being present.