View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
HOPELESSAMY

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Glad to hear that you are doing ok.
I am not a big fan of antabuse but ultimately it's your decision and if your doctor and you agree that it will help.
One important thing is to make a recovery plan so you get to have a good quality of life and learn to enjoy life sober. Antabuse is a deterrent but there is more to sobriety than just not drinking: what's the point of putting the drink down if you are miserable?
Look around SR, it is a treasure trove of resources and tools.
I saw a really good post by Anna yesterday about plans and resources. I bookmarked it on my other computer and will link it here later.
I agree 100%. I've been dry before but never reached real recovery. It was not fulfilling and ultimately led to my downfall(s). I have to do things different this time, I'm ready to be truly happy or at least not so profoundly miserable. My plan is to have the Antabuse short term until I can line up a recovery plan. AA is hard to find in my area, I live in a very small town of 4,000 people. I've found a few within 50 miles but only Mon, Wed & Sun. I'm letting my insurance find someplace outpatient for me in the meantime too.

Thanks Carlotta