View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Good evening all,

So it is the end of day thirty one for me. It is rather chilly here. Apparently we are in for some cold weather over the weekend. Not a worry though, I have the fire going. Business first.

Physically I am tired. I did have a little bit of fatigue around 14H00 this afternoon. Not too much, but just enough to notice. My headache from this morning did not return. I did drink a reasonable amount of water and ate though. The cheek numbness is now absent this evening. I really think it is on its last legs now.

Mentally, it was an ok day. I did not have much work to think about, but I did carry on with my book. I went to the trade show. It was good to see the little bit of new technology that the suppliers have bought out. Not much has changed though.

Emotionally the day as normal. Well I suppose normal in the sense that it was not like yesterday. The twinges and anguish do come, but I am trying my best not to avoid it.

The trade fairs have always been a bad thing for my drinking. The different vendors give out free beer at their stalls. I was a bit worried about this, but I was ok. I went with a colleague who is in the loop with regards to what I am doing, so that was good. I would not like to do this alone though. He kept talking and pretty much kept my mind focussed on the things in hand.

The book is coming along nicely I think. I am writing down the stories and memories in the sequence they occurred. I feel sorry for EB. I think there might be a lot of culling. I have taken the advice and toned the language down. I find it more of a challenge to imply something while being subtle. Unfortunately this detracts a bit from how I really talk.

I have the fire going. I am forcing my way through this meditation book. It is not easy going. I wish the author would get to the point. There are too many references to things that could have been omitted. Be warned though, the book is like a precursor. You have to download the actual exercises. They are accessed through links in the book. The style of writing is very technical. It does not make for easy reading, unless you happen to be a psychologist or a theologist.

Other than that, my day seems to have been pretty stock standard. I am grateful for the respite in the emotional onslaught. It has given me time to catch my breath.

I am not alone in the people that are grouped around me with a similar sobriety count. I have noticed in some of the posts that people are experiencing similar AV attacks and temptations. This is reassuring. I am not alone in this fight.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB