Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
It has been a moving target. I had an appointment for over two weeks ago but was cancelled due to hospital emergencies on the part of the pulmonologist. I 'thought' that I had rescheduled for 5/12th but was contacted by a 'pre-consult' team who eventually gave me an appointment for 5/18th. I received a call today to advise me of a cancellation (and opportunity for an earlier appointment) with another doctor in the practice; when I said I wanted to stick with the original doctor, I was advised that my appointment wasn't with her but with another associate. Soooo, the appointment with the doctor I want (for whom I have three respected recommendations) is 5/21st.

Discouraging.
Discouraging and frustrating indeed. I understand that the doctors want to make $$, and believe me I'm a capitalist who owns his own business, but too often these medical professionals, certainly not all, lose sight of the fact that while folks like you and me are a patient among many, to us our situation is of paramount importance. I hope you're able to see the doctor you want before the 21st.