View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LBrain

Guess What Day It Is?

That’s right, it’s recycling day here. Oh? You were expecting HUMP DAY? Well it’s that too.
It’s that in between /middle of the week day when we are finally getting our groove on back in the office or wherever and start to realize the weekend is closing in on us once again. Glad everyone made it through the cinco de mayo nonsense yesterday. I’m looking forward to the weekend coming up and also checking in with Weasel and Mecanix on the weekender thread tomorrow. Graduation parties are starting to show up. Make sure you are prepared. Have a plan in place to make an early exit if you have to. Now that the weekends are consistently warm up here in the northern hemisphere the talk of the weekend bar-b-q starts about mid week. Be careful – don’t get sucked in if you are not strong enough to win the battle over the AV. There have been a lot of people struggling recently. We made it through the beginning, and now that the weather is changing, our thinking can also be influenced by the change of seasons.
Yes, it is recycling day for me. Every Wednesday the truck comes and wakes up the neighborhood with the sound of clanking bottles. I use to cringe when they emptied mine. Sounded like a major car accident. Over a year ago I would spend a good twenty minutes trying to arrange the recycling barrel so that everything fit. Sometimes I would add stuff to my neighbors recycling bins – don’t tell anyone but I did. And the ever so popular rearranging my ‘stuff’ so as to camouflage it. Look for anything that wasn’t an alcohol container to place it on top. The kids going to school wouldn’t see all the beer bottles and cans. I made sure the V & B bottles were stuffed deep. Not anymore. In fact every Wednesday is no longer recycling day here at the LB Ranch. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to gather enough recycling to make the trip to the sidewalk worth the effort. Isn’t that a great feeling? You betcha!

Happy Hump Day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
beavisbuttheadhumpday.jpg (8.5 KB, 116 views)