Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Vimes

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Vimes

I can definitely relate with things being harder after a relapse. In the end though I think you just need to grit your teeth and do it - you'll find a lot of support here too.

Maybe look at your recovery plan a little deeper too - sports and exercise and keeping busy are all great things but, as you saw, they won't necessarily help you in situations when you're offered a drink.

Hopefully adding SR to your daily programme will help you flesh out some more recovery plan ideas

D
Thanks Dee!
I havent really ever had a "recovery plan"so far. I saw there are some forum sections dedicated to that, and I will take a look. As probably many here have in the past, I have considered therapy but have never tried it, because as I said I'm an overthinker/intellectual type and have trouble coming to terms with the possibility someone else could fix my mind. But I draw closer and closer to trying that out. I would be very interested in hearing from people with similar personalities who have tried therapy.

As for SR helping, yes, I'm sure it would. I'm not even back on track yet, but just being able to talk with people in similar situations is already a huge relief and help.

Last edited by Vimes; 05-05-2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: typo