Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Endgame, thank you for you cogent post. You're right, I'm not 100% sober. It's my goal, but the glass of champagne on Friday is proof of that I'm not there. Somehow I don't think I'm writing about my experiences properly because a lot of the feedback I've gotten is akin to your reference to my apparent nonchalance, as well as that I'm not taking this seriously, I'm condoning the occasional drink, etc. I've tried to counter that by explicitly stating otherwise, but if there is still a relatively common interpretation from people I'm trying to emulate then I have to determine why I'm not properly explaining myself. Does me writing that I only had one before righting the ship give off the wrong impression? If it comes across as I planned on said evening to have one and be done I can assure everyone that there has never been any such "plan." My intent in writing about such situations is to publicly acknowledge my mistake and also let anyone reading know that I didn't go off the rails. Of course all of that would go away if I didn't have another drink, which I haven't since what I had on Friday.

Thanks for taking the time to post.