Old 05-05-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
TheBob1

"You do not have to witness her implosion. That is her choice. "

Many thanks for the encouragement, but I'm running onto one huge problem here between the part of your message and another one suggesting I "know what to do".

NOT knowing these things to be "obvious" are the main reasons I am here.

How does a married man with a 14 year-old boy, and a wife of almost 20 years simply "not witness" something his wife is doing? You see, she is at the line and walks close to it every day - sometimes crossing, sometime not. Let me be clear, she is not a "drunk" in the sense most people think. She is, as I have heard some say, "high functioning". She makes dinner every night, tries to keep the house clean, etc. She just likes to have some drinks every night (and sneaks some at other times I am not always aware). There is an appearance here that all is fine and dandy - even right in our home a lot of the time - but its not. Her problem is quite, well, subtle compared to the more obvious cases. All that to say I'm not sure I would get support anywhere and could end up finding myself in deeper trouble than if I just let it continue. For example: Lately, she has implied by some words and actions that she may accuse me of 'abuse' if I try to "expose" her problem. Nice, huh? And guess what. People believe a woman who says she is abused, even when there is a 50+ year lifetime of no abuse.

I feel as if I am being held hostage in my own life and home. There has been no abuse from me, but then again how many men have been charged with rape, having never touched the accuser? I live in the very town that a woman made such accusations that made world news, only to learn she made it up. So I am afraid my "doing the right thing" may end up destroying MY life due to retaliation.