Thread: 10 weeks!!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crasfd

10 weeks!!

I can't believe that I've been dry for 10 weeks today! This is something that I never thought was possible. I was consuming a bottle of vodka every night, even more at weekends. This went on for over ten years and I didn't think I could stop. I was scared to stop.
The first week was difficult. I had withdrawals, DTs and severe insomnia. The insomnia lasted about 3 weeks.
Now, I feel amazing. I'm up early every day and feel as fresh as a daisy. I have so much energy. Instead of sitting in the house every weekend getting mashed on vodka, I'm out doing things with my family and also doing lots of DIY around the house. I'm full of life again.
Stopping the drinking was very difficult, but if you want to do it YOU can. You have to want to. I've wasted so many years to the poison. Just working and drinking non stop. Crazy eh? It was easy done and soon takes a grip.
I would like to offer my help and support to any of you out there reading this now, struggling with the early days. I'm very new to recovery but if I can help anybody please get in touch. Sometimes talking to somebody who is just a few weeks ahead of you can help. I know it helped me.

Good luck to you all and keep up the fantastic work. Together we can do it, and we can spread the word about what this filthy poison really does to you.