View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
noexcuse

I had a meeting at work today first thing in the morning. I can honestly say that I felt like a rock star. The only person who knew what was going on better than me was the consultant that was specifically hired to address the issue. I stepped up, stepped in, walked out of the meeting and followed up.... I can't remember the last time that I felt this indispensable at my job. Not a chance I would have been able to do that this time last week.

Speaking of which....I have a week!

I completed my paperwork for outpatient yesterday and I start tonight. I. Can't. Wait. I have never looked forward to treatment before, so this is a totally new feeling for me. I would have started last night if my daughter didn't have her last cheer practice, to be honest. Some of it may be purely selfish (2 whole hours to myself!) but the bigger part is definitely because I want to take as much as I can out of this and fly!!!! I ordered the Rational Recovery book yesterday, too, so that should be here tomorrow. I will take any and every tool that I can to be successful in this journey.

It rained a couple of nights ago. When I went into my daughter's room to wake her up, she was already awake, snuggled in a big blanket and staring out the window. She gets up early to watch the rain, her window slightly open so she can smell the fresh, damp air. She lives in every moment. I hope when I grow up I am just like her.