View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
nymets86

Cohiba, I've never met you, but could tell from your posts that you were likely leaning toward drinking/drugging for the fight. Just something about the way you said you didn't like the format of the new site and were finding the forums to be kind of boring. Was just a sense I got that you were trying to distance yourself from your sobriety tool.

Anyway, you had 32 days and then it sounds like 2 bad days. When I drank two weeks ago, I just went easy on myself and counted my next day of sobriety as day 63 of 64. For me, the counting is helping right now, and I don't think I'm cheating anyone by keeping a count like that. At least for me, it just keeps me more motivated to rack up sober days. Even with a relapse, it's still MUCH better than I've done in a very long time.

I guess one more thing I'd do is caution you against blaming the "idiot" who kept buying you shots. It may seem like he forced you to drink, but fact is that he didn't. You made the conscious choice to start drinking. For me, it's easier to actually accept the blame and realize that I can make a different choice the next time.