View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
martina12

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
What is even more strange is that one can observe the build up to the relapse from the posts.

I think the important thing to take from the relapse is the lessons that can be learnt from the event. What triggered the relapse? How to avoid or change the trigger. Those sorts of things. The more we can learn from these lessons, the better we can prepare ourselves against future relapses.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Morning ZaB

Totally agree with you, this is my 3rd or 4th serious attempt to maintain sobriety and I felt a relapse coming on way before I picked up a drink.

I am also keeping a journal where I am jotting down little nuggets of knowledge from others on here who are much more experienced. Dee posted that there are 3 key indicators for a relapse:

1. False confidence...when you believe you are strong enough for 1 drink without falling back into addiction.

2. Changes in attitude or behaviour...lean on your support system more than ever if this happens.

3. Stress..

I also agree with you on the quitting of fags, go for it Zab take the plunge, don't let fear stop you!

Also agree with the exercise..I'm off to the gym now

Martina