View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Hi all,

I am now at the end of day twenty eight. I cannot believe how late it is. I got into something and before I realized what had hit me, the evening has flown. Business first.

Physically I am feeling a little tired. I did have a bit of fatigue this afternoon. I suppose that is typical of being back at work. I have had slight headaches coming and going during the day. I have not taken anything for them. They fade naturally enough if I drink water. The cheek numbness is there, but much less than this morning. I did get my exercise done this afternoon. I am concentrating on even effort. My muscles actually feel great after that session. I now need to quit the fags. This should be my next step with regards to the physical recovery.

Mentally it has been a so-so day for me. It is not that I was not able to focus. My mind was just elsewhere. I have been giving some serious thought to this book idea. So my mind was all over the place, trying to put a framework together, trying to remember and that sort of thing. More on this later.

Emotionally, it has been an ok day. For the most part it has been stable. It wasn't so good when I had free moments, but did improve dramatically once I got into my exercise. I think exercise is going to be the key to gain control of this demon.

So, I have decided to write this book. I am going to take it seriously. I've spent most of my work day thinking about it and what I would like to achieve by it. I didn't get much clarity on that at the time. I did start putting a framework together. I wrote a bit of the prelude at work. It still needs a lot more meat to go into it.

I got home, put on my running gear and got out onto the road. I had my iPod with me, so I had some good tunes going. This is probably what I needed. Good old classic rock. The tunes got the memory working. I got back home an hour later. I was impressed with the workout. I am definitely on track for my 10K in a few weeks.

I had some dinner and checked out a few posts here on SR. Then I started on the first chapter. I have re-read it a few times and changed a few things here and there, mainly wording and I have got to say, there is some funny stuff there. I don't want to give too much away, but this part is still in my early childhood. It is amazing how the memories just flood back. Things that I thought I had forgotten. No fear though, I have even written the things down that make me cringe.

I am finding the process of remembering and writing the things down sort of a healing process. I cant believe some of the things that I got up to, but I cannot change them, so I may as well laugh at them now.

Well it is late this side, so I am going to turn in. I have the fire going, maybe that is part of the inspiration. The cats are cuddled up to me. It is nice to feel that physical touch. Chilly outside and my eyes are starting to droop.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB