Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Straightshoot

Originally Posted by FrankLapidas View Post
Thank you for your posts and thanks noexcuses, Dee, Troy, Incontrol, Shoot, Venecia, Shoot, Della, and Boozer. Your posts here mean a great deal to me.

I'm past the stage of mercilessly flogging myself for my relapse. Came out of it with a bruised ego, but body and mind are doing fairly well now.

My current task: Relapse forensics. I'm trying to figure out why the hell I did that. Doesn't seem like there was a trigger, it was just a lightening bolt sent by Demon Rum. Guess I just need to be ever vigilant.

One thing I did do differently on my relapse day: drink coffee. Prior to a couple of years ago when I crawled completely into the bottle I started my day by reading the New York Times on my Kindle and drinking lots (everything to excess!) of coffee, hot and black as New Jersey asphalt in July. And on my relapse day I drank coffee. Got pretty amped up. I'm not sure if there is a direct cause-and-effect there or not, and I think it's too easy to blame it on coffee. But just to be on the safe side, no more coffee for Frank.

For those who read/post here, do you drink coffee?
I had a stomach bug for the last 5 days and I read that I must stay off caffeine. Which means no coffee, no soft drinks which I thought I was fairly addicted to. It has been no problem. One wonderful thing that has happened is my tinnitus isn't as loud. I just may stay off both completely, although I love them both. Glad you are doing better.