View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hopeful4

My sister is police. I have two small tasers (she calls them babys lol), and pepper spray, both legal here. Wasp Spray will also act as pepper spray. I have a can in my closet by my front door, and one in my car.

She says the best advise she can ever give with either of these tools is not to use them as a threat. That if you are going to use them, do it, and run. Never ever get into the car with someone, no matter what. Even if they have to drag you down the road. If you use them as a threat, they are too easy to get them away from you and use them on you.

She has also advised myself and my daughters that they learned of the best deterrents if you are being attacked is a whistle. I bought little whistle keychains for my daughters and all of their friends. I won't let them leave my house w/out it. I also bought my eldest daughter pepper spray.

Also, the app ASPIRE for your Android or Apple phone is a wonderful tool. Check it out. It's totally free, and an app basically to help you in domestic abuse situations. I also have that on my daughter's phones and my own.

Thank you for sharing Lexie!