View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
TheBob1

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
Thank you for the prayers. I know I can do it as I was sober during the month of March and got tangled back into this web of active alcoholism. I didn't think about how easy it was to get back into this situation.

Please do check out the family and friends section on this forum. And maybe even go to an Alanon meeting. I've been before and it was helpful. I do agree that your wife has to want sobriety but I also believe that if you do your research and encourage her to become sober, she may be open to your suggestions. Have you talked to her about this?
Been a while since the topic was breached. Ages ago she said she was "working on it" and made it clear she didn't want me "checking in" about it. Made failure a lot easier to not have anyone paying attention.

When I bring it up now, she ignores me. Sadly, we have so little open comm. any more, it usually comes up in an argument - yes, teh worst way, I know.

I tried last week by noting how our SON needed his Mom to be "normal" and she got really angry and started all the defensive/counter-offensive moves again. Somehow we have gone considerably backwards.

Oh - I am planning to get to a meeting tonight. Fingers crossed.