View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Jillian2563

Originally Posted by TheBob1 View Post
Well, I hadn't intended to have THAT type of impact, but gosh, blessings indeed come and go out in the oddest ways, don't they? I am not one to use christian vernacular much, but it really fits here. Thank you for sharing that with me. I'll pray too that this is your last "day-one". I wish you the best of luck in the world. I think my wife still needs to openly admit her problem an put both feet squarely outside the proverbial closet. Anyhow, if you give it a sincere try and your hub and son KNOW you are trying, I suspect they will be quite happy, maybe more relieved, but in fairness to them, probably a little skeptical. If so, I hope you prove them wrong this time! The proof is in the pudding, i.e.- sobriety is pretty easy to spot after a lot of intoxication. They'll "feel" the change. Thoughts and prayers for you! Peace and tranquility be with you on your personal journey.
Thank you for the prayers. I know I can do it as I was sober during the month of March and got tangled back into this web of active alcoholism. I didn't think about how easy it was to get back into this situation.

Please do check out the family and friends section on this forum. And maybe even go to an Alanon meeting. I've been before and it was helpful. I do agree that your wife has to want sobriety but I also believe that if you do your research and encourage her to become sober, she may be open to your suggestions. Have you talked to her about this?