View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TheBob1

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
You sound like you could be my husband. I almost thought for a second he had joined and it was him.

I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope things get better for you soon.

Thanks for your post. It is a wake up call for me. I'm back at sobriety again; I pray this is my last day "one". My son deserves better and I thank you so much for your post.
Well, I hadn't intended to have THAT type of impact, but gosh, blessings indeed come and go out in the oddest ways, don't they? I am not one to use christian vernacular much, but it really fits here.

Thank you for sharing that with me. I'll pray too that this is your last "day-one". I wish you the best of luck in the world. I think my wife still needs to openly admit her problem an put both feet squarely outside the proverbial closet. Anyhow, if you give it a sincere try and your hub and son KNOW you are trying, I suspect they will be quite happy, maybe more relieved, but in fairness to them, probably a little skeptical. If so, I hope you prove them wrong this time! The proof is in the pudding, i.e.- sobriety is pretty easy to spot after a lot of intoxication. They'll "feel" the change.

Thoughts and prayers for you! Peace and tranquility be with you on your personal journey.