View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChancesAh
Chances

Withdrawal Symptom

Hi
I Stopped drinking for 3 months on NYE. Drunk for 5 days at the end of March and now haven't drunk for about 5 weeks. (Usually drink 6 days a week - 6-8 beers and binge on about 12 - 18 about 3 times a fortnight.
I have also been giving the smokes a miss but that is becoming project forever. 3 months off up to around Christmas. Smoked for 2 weeks over Christmas (straight back to 20 a day). Off them until I drunk at the end of March and had 3 days back on them.
I thought after all this time I wouldn't be 'hanging' for anything but I am. I always have a 'feeling' in the middle of my chest. I imagine it's the smokes more than anything but it could be booze.
I'm also using stage one patches and probably will continue. In the past I've only needed to use them for 4 or 5 days but if I don't use them I have zero patience or tolerance of anything.
Ultimately I thought be now I would be all but on easy street. I certainly won't be drinking and don't feel that is a risk.
Now that I've typed this I did hit the gym and start running so exercised most days from October to March but haven't done any gym for over a month and only train / play soccer twice a week. Maybe that is my issue.
Anyway, probably ranting but hell, why not we all do at some time.
Cheers