Thread: 6 days
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DreaJean

Thumbs up 6 days

Although I only have 6 days of sobriety. I am recalling myself last Sunday, being in a bar, way past the time I thought I would be....looking at a tv and seeing a show on the tele that I watch on Sunday's and realizing, I spent my whole day there and my GOD it's almost 9:PM on a Sunday night! Where did the time go, how could I have done this AGAIN? I then had to drive, (and was in no shape to do so). I had a very early Monday start at my recently new job (that I am so fortunate to have and can't pull this hungover or calling in)....well, I didn't make it Monday. It was a shameful, bewildered morning but, I'm SO thankful that I didn't hide and that, for the first time, I posted here and I got honest with myself that I truly can't go on like this. I then got to a morning AA meeting and asked a woman to sponsor me, she agreed and I talk with her everyday and met her this past Saturday morning as well. 6 SOBER days later, when I sit here, watching the aforementioned show from my couch and not the bar stool (which was beyond lonely and sad), I couldn't be more grateful. I am so enjoying all the great things people have to offer in their experiences and even the struggles, I wish we didn't have to struggle at all, but atleast we are not alone. Anyway, I'm glad I had this site to post my relapse on and thank you to those who shared their compassion and honesty and held me accountable to forming a plan. I don't have it all figured out but I wanted to share. 6 days and counting feels a whole lot better than the alternative . God bless!