View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
QuietToday

Originally Posted by Charlie117926 View Post
SR is a great tool to use to assist in your recovery and maintaining sobriety. As others said your still young and that is great news as your whole sober life is in front of you. You will hear a lot of great advice on here about making "your plan" in order to remain sober. Your plan (lifestyle changes, friend changes and triggers) are essential to really considering so you are prepared for the great days ahead of you! Most importantly, welcome!

Triggers is something I need to address, and I think that, this time quitting, is going to be a greater hurdle.
I mentioned above how I get after having even one drink. But I've noticed that, since starting school at a university and dorming, that at times I enter the alcoholic mindset before I drink. Last Tuesday, while I was in class, I was saying to myself that I wouldn't drink that night, that I'd catch up on some work and finish a book I was reading and then have food and sleep--- but the moment that class ended, and there being no classes on Wednesday and therefore a night where everyone on campus is drinking, I just, instantly, and without even realizing it, ended up in a car, at the liquor store, and then spent the entire night drunk.

I know some triggers--- but this is a new one. And even last week, I was very confused about this the next morning. I genuinely do not know how or why it happened; I had a whole plan even to be sober. But for whatever reason, just because it was a Tuesday night, I ended up blowing everything off just so I could sit in my room and drink.

The more I talk about this the more frightening it gets. Honestly.