View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
chicory

I work in an area with lots of crime and drug dealers about. I have to walk to my car in the dark, on my one night a week. I sometimes worry about someone breaking in to my home, although my neighborhood is peaceful. My son who lives here, is not always home.

I don't have a gun and won't, and I figure if I had a taser, I'd only hurt myself with it! being a clutz. I have taken a bit of self defense , but it was years ago. I just make sure to walk with someone else to my car.

I was choked once, but not to a point of severity, just for a few scary and painful seconds. I cannot imagine how frightening it would be if someone were to try to really hurt me that way. It broke surface veins under the skin on my neck and its been red since.. 9 years ago.

I do think pepper spray would be good to carry. my son in law is in law enforcement. I will ask him about our state laws on those things..

thanks Lexie. this is a good thread , preparedness is so important, especially for those in danger at home.I cannot imagine why it does not bring more serious charges!