Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Have a nice weekend GC keep trying

1 drink is too many 1000 is never enough

For me to finally stop drinking i had to accept that i couldnt drink safely or responsibly

GC dont for a second let your AV fool you

Its active otherwise you wouldnt of had 'just the 1'

im not being harsh but identifying the AV is really important imo

Dont let your AV stay active and counter it with sober positivity
I'll be the first to admit that my AV is active and just as I'll write about that I feel compelled to write when I've let it get the upper hand. Fortunately, during Friday's little party is was only 1.

Since then I haven't had anything with alcohol. We went to dinner last night at the restaurant I mentioned in the Recipe thread and only had water. Today, after cleaning up our acts post race for the first time ever I did not a post race beer. Water again.

Getting back to the one on Friday, my goal is not to moderate and I know I'm making great strides in that direction, but I'm not going to beat myself up. It happened, I wrote about it, I'm not making excuses, and I'm moving on.

SW, I appreciate your input so don't be shy about it my friend.

Originally Posted by Calitano View Post
Hope you enjoy Philly - best of luck with the race.
Thanks. We had a fun time after taking care of race business yesterday, which really means going to the expo to pick up your bib, shirt, and swag. While there we met my son who came from college and a good friend of mine who was running and came with his two boys. We hung out and then went to dinner, as I mentioned to SW.

The alarm went off at 5:15 this morning and the race went well. There were over 40,000 runners and well organized and fortunately my asthma was not an issue. After our post race clean up we drove our son back to college and took him for a late lunch. As I wrote above I've never participated in a race longer than 10K (this was 10 miles, an extremely odd distance) that I did not have a beer afterward. But not today.